Friday, May 29, 2009

End of Day One at Waxahachie Plein Aire event



I feel too exhausted to blog, but I really believe in this, so here goes. Rose at 6:00, taught school till 12:20, then loaded the Jeep and headed to Waxahachie to register for the Paint-Out, and then go to the square to scout a subject for water coloring. I found it--The 1879 Chisholm Grill. I began at 3:00 and ended at 6:00, when the courthouse bell tolled behind me. The weather was a delicious 88 degrees, I sat in the shade of a huge tree, and time evaporated as I stared at the restaurant and tried to capture it on paper. All the while, I enjoyed fabulous conversations with onlookers, including a couple of women from Arlington and Fort Worth (always nice to have people from back home say "hello"). Also met some of the other painters, including two women from Grandbury who had give part of the day to painting the railroad depots nearby.

Here are some photos of my painting station. I'm glad the Paint Out started so positively. Now I need some sleep, so I can go after it again tomorrow!

No comments: