Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day Two of Waxahachie's Plein Aire event




The day began at 10:00 with a 90-minute "Quick Draw" featuring 35 artists on the courthouse square. At noon, the paintings were auctioned. I found the ninety minutes extremely challenging, though I felt relaxed enough to chat with one of the onlookers for about 15 minutes or so (I guess I wasn't so uptight after all). At any rate, the time was over in a hurry, and I was happy that my painting sold. I did photograph it before releasing it.

There were many fabulous paintings created in this brief space of time. I couldn't believe the speed and skill I witnessed from these painters today.

After the auction, I moved away from the town square and gave a few of the afternoon hours to painting the local feed store. Three hours and 8 bottles of water later, I decided to call it a day. I'm exhausted, but cannot wait until tomorrow.

No comments: