Monday, June 1, 2009

Skimpy Accounting for the day

Well . . . I had to return to the classroom today, and then do some business for my back-to-back festivals this coming weekend. So I didn't get to the plein aire event until late this afternoon, and did not paint long before heavy cloud cover obliterated the quality light. I barely got started on a grain elevator behind the feed store (but spent nearly an hour drawing it before I began painting). All this to say that there is nothing worthy of a photo record.

However, I did meet two fascinating oil painters at the same location. Both are extremely talented in their work, and one of them I found to be very engaging in philosophic and aesthetic discourse. I think I've found an incredible colleague with whom I can discuss ideas openly. I look forward to meeting these men tomorrow.

No comments: