Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Day After

I'm weary, but basking in the afterglow of another successful Gallery Opening. Burson Gallery in Hillsboro, Texas opened last night with "From Boston to Mexico." I have about 28 original watercolors in the show, and a large quantity of signed and numbered giclee prints. I sold three last night. I believe the real highlight of the night was the sight of two teacher colleagues, and two vice principals entering the gallery. I had sent them handwritten card invitations through the mail, but the gallery was a one-hour drive, and I really had not anticipated them coming. A real bonus.

My band played their hearts out. Drummer Dan Darr had his first public gig with us, and he was superb. Sound engineer Patrick Coffman mixed us wonderfully. We have never had such a rich vocal blend on our Crosby, Stills, Nash covers. "Southern Cross" was particularly rousing. Bonnie is going to try to get us a performance at next month's Hillsboro Outlet Mall exhibition. I will have 5-6 acrylic canvases hanging in that venue.

This is my third summer as an artist, breaking from the school teacher routine. It just keeps getting better. I'm cranking out quite a stack of work, and I'm selling. I couldn't ask for better.

No comments: