Thursday, July 2, 2009

A couple of public works in progress . . .




I'm not pleased that my watercolor activity has been suspended, but promises have been made, and it's time to deliver. I'm finishing the last two paintings promised to the Martin High School library (where I teach). My Facebook contains the previous works from past years. I agreed to do a series of "book covers," each measuring 4' x 3', and arranged around the perimeter of the library. This week I worked on a Hemingway short story, and today I began Animal Farm. I have them posted above.

While working on Animal Farm, I received a surprise phone call from the editor of The Country Register. They have decided to publish one of my watercolors, Tell Me Where the Road Is, in the July-August issue of their free shopper. This will be distributed across Oklahoma and Arkansas. They published my Waxahachie Blue earlier this year. I cannot express my genuine pleasure to receive free advertising. It's been a rewarding day . . .

1 comment:

MATTHEW ROSE said...

HEY DAVID, found you via linked in. Why don't you see if you can do something for

http://abookaboutdeath.blogspot.com/

the artist call is wide open for illustrators/water colorists like you.

deadline: sept 5.

matthew