Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Another Art Festival Approaches . . .



Friday, Saturday and Sunday will bring the Waxahachie "Heart of Texas" Art Festival to their Civic Center. The past two weeks have been intense, as I've sought to complete new work and set up new limited editions of my watercolors. Most recently, I've completed "Waxahachie Blue," which features an ancient baby blue Plymouth parked one block off the Waxahachie town square in front of this fascinating eclectic shop. I had hoped to sell the painting to a local who might recognize the vehicle and store, but alas, the print shop purchased the original this morning when I took it in to have it imaged and reproduced in a limited edition series. Perhaps the Waxahachie folk will take interest in the prints.

I've spent the better part of this day doing the Andy Warhol "Factory" experience--printing 5 x 7" greeting cards of all the watercolors I've completed during this 2008 season. I have completely covered our dining room table with the cards!

Another recently completed watercolor features an El train inside the Chicago City Loop. I've also had limited editions printed of this one, and will be able to put the original watercolor on display in this weekend's festival.

As the festival day draws nearer, I'm growing more excited, and workdays are lengthening. With sadness I realize that this will end my festival actitivity till well after school begins. My next show will be Fort Worth's Jazz by the Boulevard, the weekend of September 19, 20, and 21.
Oh well . . . back to the Factory.

No comments: